Blog, by definition (thanks to www.dictionary.com), is an online diary; a personal chronological log (awkward) of thoughts published on a webpage. It certainly serves its purpose. I still question whether it's useful or not though.
I honestly believe people put way too much emphasis on it. We're all trying to appeal to some kind of audience, right? We're not really writing for ourselves, but more so for our potential readers. I know I'm certainly guilty of this.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. I just find that when I'm trying to write for a specific audience, my blog posts are absolute crap. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I'm going to start writing for myself and myself alone. If it's about my life, so be it. If not, whatever.
Screw trying to sound profound. If I do manage to sound profound, yay me. If not, I'll just shrug it off. Personally, I'm not trying to impress anyone. People will either like, hate, or completely disregard my posts and I'm okay with that. Why should I let such a simple thing bother me?
The whole purpose of this blog assignment is to post and comment, which I have been doing to the best of my ability. As far as I'm concerned, keeping these blog posts as simple and real as possible is my best bet. Sure, I have an opinion about certain, controversial issues, but I don't always want to get into it. Offending someone unintentionally is a big deal for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment